MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
You’ll carry out specification and assessment of navigation sensors including GNSS receivers, antennas and AEU's. You’ll monitor supplier and technology roadmaps to identify cutting edge future technology for investment, support sub assembly and equipment assessment trials, and undertake research activities as part of an international team.
We need you to have a detailed understanding of all aspects of GNSS functionality, multi-constellation technology and system integration.
What are we looking for?
A technical background and experience in electronic engineering disciplines or physics
- Detailed knowledge of receivers, AEU (antenna electronics units) and CRPA's
- GNSS system chain performance & integration challenges
- Knowledge of RF would be advantageous
- GNSS jamming and spoofing experience
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative solutions to address complex customer requirements.
- You will develop expertise in navigation sensors; both conventional and cutting-edge technologies.
- Involvement in the strategic growth of a rapidly evolving team.
- Collaborative working with UK-wide & European travel.
- You will take a key role in several multi-national research programmes.
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
What’s great about the team?
We’re a growing team with both the motivation to excel and a good team spirit. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and enthusiasm for navigation sensor technologies to support the development and production of some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. Navigation sensors are a critical technology for missile systems and therefore the team has frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects with rewarding opportunities. The team is very closely linked with the navigation sensors team in MBDA France with associated regular travel opportunities.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.