WHAT TO EXPECT
Hybrid and Electrified powertrains support Jaguar Land Rover's objective of delivering clean and efficient products to our customers. In-house development of the control software allows Jaguar Land Rover to maximise the benefits of these technologies and deliver unique, industry leading features. In the Software Engineer role, you will play a key part in delivering this software.
Our controller models are developed using a Model Based Development tool chain, incorporating auto-code technology. As a Propulsion Software Engineer, you will work with our controls and software engineers and our suppliers in the software integration and build process to efficiently deliver high quality software to the validation team.
Your experience in embedded software development will enable you to quickly master our tool chain and processes, help us to develop them further, and give you the skills to debug when things go wrong. In return you will have the satisfaction of seeing software you helped create embedded within the most advanced Jaguar Land Rover products of the future.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a Propulsion Software Engineer, you will lead and manage build content and input artefacts for embedded control system software builds in the delivery ‘stream'. You will plan and undertake control system software builds for prototype and production, tracking builds relative to predecessors and work with the control system function engineers and test engineers to deliver high quality software on time ensuring commonality wherever possible with other applications.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Propulsion Software Engineer, you will be passionate about creating and delivering high quality software, be self-motivated, with strong personal management capabilities and be able to work with minimal supervision, engaging a wide range of stakeholders effectively. You will have strong project management and self-management skills, as well as, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including strong engagement skills. A relevant degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Embedded C Code experience within a Real Time environment
* Experience of embedded software environments, covering topics such as RTOS, memory, data integrity
* Experience of software build environments, from code to machine executable and familiarity with accompanying meta-data and debug output files.
* Experience of liaising with suppliers, internal and external on software related issues
* Working to a software quality process
* Experience using Change, Version and Configuration Management Tools
* Automotive Powertrain Control experience
* Experience working with propulsion management control systems, e.g. engine, transmission, electric motor, battery
* Experience of automatic code generation
* Understanding of Agile development
* Knowledge of ASPICE or equivalent