WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Lead Software Architect (Navigation), you'll be reporting into the Software Architecture Manager. You'll be responsible for the coordination of architecture and requirements activities and the resolution of technical delivery issues.
Day to day, you'll be supporting the software development of a product within the Navigation squad in Product Engineering. You'll be working with the other squads to ensure interfaces are well defined and dependencies between the squads are clear and resolve architectural or development issues. You'll be active in the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the requirements can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components.
You'll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of new and exciting features and will be influential in the development of the Software platform and features for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles across the range.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a Lead Software Architect (Navigation), day to day, you'll be supporting the software development of a cockpit domain controller and a body controller module, focussing on the system platform. Your key accountabilities will include, feasibility studies, requirements, architecture, high Level Design and review and sign-off of Low level design.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Lead Software Architect (Navigation), you will be an individual with a customer first mindset and a strong desire to deliver the best results for our customers and all our stakeholders. You will be dependable and strives to deliver to commitments made and be a good communicator with the ability to explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will have the ability to analyse and resolve complex hardware and software interrelated issues and provide realistic and executable project-related technical estimations. A relevant degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience in working on navigation features
* System requirements analysis using software system design process
* Experience with the use of UML
* Good experience of software development
* Experience working with Android or QNX
* knowledge of C & C++
* Ability to plan and organise a team of engineers
* Ability to communicate technical design concepts to business and technical stakeholders
* Cockpit controller and connected car System knowledge
* In-car networks (design, development and validation)
* Experience in change management/agile