AWE is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Manager to manage and organise an individual or suite of projects in support of the company's strategic goals.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - c£62,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be required to do?
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Commissioning and, where required, the nuclear environment
- Be responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain
- Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning commissioning are followed
- Appropriately organise Commissioning Teams and ensure key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map from design support through to handover to end user.
- Where applicable ensuring safety systems and user requirements are verified to defined acceptance criteria
- Ensure commissioning records are maintained to support project handover
- Be responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives
What will you need to be considered?
- The Project Management of Commissioning and practical commissioning experience is essential
- People management skills and process experience
- Satisfactory experience of commissioning electrical, mechanical and EC&I system for the scope of the role or the AWE Capability needs
- Relevant experience of managing and working with contractors
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.