Role - Environment Specialist - Policy and Standards
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £32,000-£49,950 (depending on your suitability and level of experience).
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off).
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary sacrifice scheme.
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply).
You will provide advice and documentation on environmental topics to the business, for all activities and services that fall within the scope of one or more environmental technical disciplines.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Support the evaluation of compliance process, including but not limited to inspections, audits and investigations.
- Produce documentation in support of the Environmental Management System (EMS), as appropriate, assuring that legislation and other external requirements are incorporated into the company's management arrangements.
- Analyse environmental company performance metrics. Implement activities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Understanding of current environmental management systems including ISO14001.
- Understanding of current environmental legislation, standards and guidance (including licence conditions and environmental permits) relevant to role.
- Strong interpersonal/communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience of at least one of the following areas (gained within or outside AWE): Environmental Management Systems, Environmental assessments, ISO14001, Policies and Legislation, Sustainability and/or Operations.