Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Have you served a recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship and are looking for your next career move that can offer excellent training and development?
Do you like the idea of having every other Friday off work as part of your standard working pattern?
This is a superb opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise to support the UK's Nuclear defence programme and be part of a team of remarkable people achieving extraordinary things.
Location - Reading area
Package - £25,250 - c£35,000 (dependent on experience, plus allowances)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working within our Craft Engineering team, this role will give you the opportunity to carry out a wide range of planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities on facility and production plant and equipment which can include installations, repairs, replacements, calibration, testing, modifications.
On a day to day basis you will apply and hone your trade skills, working in accordance with task instructions in a safe and effective manner. This may include carrying out rectification of faults and maintenance on mechanical services such as, steam, compressed air, vacuum, pneumatics as well heating and ventilation systems such as fans, motors, pumps, belts and bearings.
Though not to be considered a check list, candidates would benefit from knowledge/experience of ANY of the following:
- Fault finding techniques and methodologies
- Health and Safety at Work and Safe System of Work
- Heating & Ventilation systems
- Previous experience in a building, plant or manufacturing environment
- Operational Craft experience
- Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Engineering Apprenticeship NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in relevant discipline or NVQ/Diploma Level 2 plus industrial experience
- A recognised relevant qualification such as City & Guilds, ONC or BTEC Level 3 etc
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.