WHAT TO EXPECT
We're reinventing what tomorrow looks like at Jaguar Land Rover. There's a revolution underway in our industry - and we're leading it. We've always been innovators. But our future will be driven by the possibilities created by new technologies as never before.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business - because it is central to our future strategy. We are focused on the development of electric, connected and driverless cars that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we're going. Your talents in software development could take your career in many directions.
A Senior Software Engineer with a passion for quality, and proven experience of full stack software engineering, is required for a variety of digital projects being delivered for Jaguar Land Rover in Manchester. We are looking for great engineers who have a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and practicing Continuous Integration.
* Would you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
* Would you excel within a world-class and passionate team that loves what they do?
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow an entirely new software development capability within Jaguar Land Rover.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
We're looking for Senior Site Reliability Engineers with proven experience with Java, Spring Boot or another OO language and ideally strong object oriented programming skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are keen to speak to people who also have the following skills:
* Experience of practices such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
* Experience with source code management and version control (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
* Previous involvement in all stages of the software delivery lifecycle
The following skills and experience are nice to have:
* Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
* Experience with Kubernetes or other cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
* Experience building mobile apps using frameworks such as React Native