Beyond Property, Purchasing, HR and IT, more than being part of our Finance or Marketing teams, beyond even Sales and Service, every role in every business area offers unique opportunities to make an impact on the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your role as a Senior Cyber Security Test Engineer, you'll be be part of the vehicle cyber security engineering team with responsibility for assessing implemented cyber security controls for future vehicle features and ECUs.
To this end you will develop and deploy assessment techniques to ensure controls have been implemented correctly and therefore fulfil their specification requirements. You will be required to represent the department in wider business discussions such as vehicle integration and be hands-on with development teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, you will be required to support the development and application of cyber security verification and validation activities. This will involve creating, reviewing, organising and documenting security verification and validation information to provide clear insights on the effectiveness of specified controls. You will also be responsible for monitoring updates and ensuring a risk management knowledge base is well maintained
You will be collaborating with other JLR departments and interfacing with outsourced suppliers regarding cyber security testing activities you will be expected to deliver tasks assigned by the senior members. Alongside this you, will be representing the cyber security team at cross functional technical reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Capable of executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations
* Experience of objective setting, planning, progress tracking including summarising and escalating roadblocks to management as appropriate
* Highly motivated and capable of working independently and / or in a multidisciplinary team within a dynamic environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively persuade, influence, and negotiate as appropriate.
* Experience of using Microsoft Office Products and project waterfall and agile planning applications (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
* Knowledge of embedded automotive systems and / or networking protocols (keywords - AutoSAR, QNX, SecOC, CAN and CAN-FD, automotive Ethernet, MACSec);
* Experience with network protocols analysis; device drivers; embedded systems analysis.