Fantastic opportunities for Senior Safety Specialists - Construction.
AWE is looking for Senior Safety Specialists. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,500-£65,600 (Dependant on experience and suitability for the role)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will provide specialist subject matter expertise in construction health & safety associated with new builds, re-kits, enabling works, refurbishment, decommissioning and demolition programmes. You will working as part of a small team of chartered HSE professionals and advise on strategies for the development of construction health & safety activities in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and AWE's policies, procedures and guidance.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Extensive experience in the field of construction health & safety including the CDM Regulations.
- Self-confidence to challenge long established processes and activities.
- Able to build effective relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Takes responsibility for their own decisions and understands the impacts on their area.
- Level 5 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- IOSH grade of CMIOSH or GradIOSH (in order to develop H&S competence through continuous professional development).