AWE is currently recruiting for a Control & Instrumentation Facility Engineer to deliver professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £33,850 - c£45,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be required to do?
- Apply technical knowledge for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver requirements from the order book which may include troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required
- Identify and escalate business risk where applicable to plant and engineered systems
- Make evidence-based engineering decisions to solve technical problems
- Bring a range of C&I skills to the team, which could potentially include one or more of the following: functional safety, PLCs, machinery safety, intrinsic safety, BMS and specialist instrumentation
What will you need to be considered?
- HNC/HND with additional experience or a relevant engineering degree
- Proven ability to deliver engineering across similar manufacturing/research environment incorporating infrastructure facilities, plant and equipment
- Experience of delivering facilities engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.