We are recruiting for a Security Manager to work in Valduc, near Dijon in France. The AWE security team is a multi-disciplined team working to mitigate the full range of threats that AWE faces. We value diversity and are looking for experienced security professionals who can demonstrate strong people skills, an understanding of project management, and ability to work with the full range of stakeholders, employees and contractors to enable our programmes to flourish securely.
The role is based in France, and a good level of French language skills is preferred. Whilst the role demands a good deal of autonomy and local decision-making, it is fully supported by both the AWE team on site and the security team back in the UK. We are extremely keen to develop our staff, and can provide professional qualifications and experience to develop the right candidate in the role and through their career at AWE.
Location - This is a full time post working for AWE in the Reading area and to be posted for a defined period to France for this posting.
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours for this role. Full details of the package in France will be available.
Supporting the AWE senior management team in the delivery of AWE's business in Valduc by promoting a strong security culture and the highest levels of security compliance by:
- understanding, interpreting and applying security procedures and any other relevant standards in a way that best supports AWE's needs. .
- Planning and leading assurance activity to ensure the correct application of security policies and the maintenance of security standards across AWE's Security Operational Area in France.
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality, and be a great team player.
- Maintaining and developing a strong relationship with the site security team, including the French site security manager.
- Understand the threat and continually review existing security procedures to enable the maintenance of security standards that are both proportionate and relevant to that threat.
- Author new security procedures as relevant to the Security Operational Area in France .
- Identify and manage security risks as necessary within the Security Operational Area.
- Continually assess the performance and effectiveness of all aspects of security, to include the planning and conduct of security audits, investigate security incidents and influence the relevant personnel to undertake corrective action where improvements are needed.
- Develop security awareness and training relevant to Valduc for AWE staff operating within the Security Operational Are, including pre-briefing and exit interviews.
- Support Company projects, including; engagement with stakeholders, the provision of proportionate and relevant advice and support, the identification and articulation of security requirements.
- Being a security point of contact for AWE employees based in France to raise personal security concerns and provide appropriate advice.