WHAT TO EXPECT
The role of Risk lead within Global Purchasing is a high-profile specialist purchasing role which requires stakeholder engagement often at Senior levels within JLR and within the external supply base. It requires a high level of interaction within Internal and External Relationships as well as continual flow of high level of communication with external parties.
The Supplier Risk team is a function within Purchasing Transformation & Operations (PT&O) tasked with monitoring the financial and operational stability of suppliers to JLR. In Global purchasing, you will be part of the Control tower, and be a member of an advisory arm providing specialist risk support and guidance to the Global Purchasing teams.
You will need to be able to undertake financial analysis of statutory accounts, management information, short term cash flow forecasts and longer term integrated forecast models. You will help develop options base on the financial analysis, develop strategies to solve complex financial situations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Work effectively with Global Purchasing to help mitigate risk, working with cross-functional teams to make clear and effective decisions to proactively mitigate risk
* Support existing governance forum in the Supplier Risk team
* Lead strategic supplier review meetings providing financial support when requested
* Undertake and manage ad-hoc project work, e.g Volume Impact analysis
* Lead in the preparation and updating of the training material and assist in the presentation and provide support in the delivery of the Supplier Risk training to Buyers
* Undertake supplier financial review at the sourcing stage, using records from Companies House (and overseas equivalents), Credit Rating providers and supplier's own data
What You'll Need
* Accounting experience (qualified) of statutory accounts, management information and short- term cash flow forecasts
* Strong financial analytical skills - review longer term & integrated forecast models
* Strong commercial awareness
* Good business partnering and communication skills, and the ability to present clearly and confidently to Senior Management and cross-functional groups
* Excellent stakeholder management and relationship management skill
* Ability to be highly organised and continually focus on attention to detail
* Competent user of MS Office - Excel Essential
* Exposure / knowledge in insolvency is highly advantageous
Our unique culture is created by our people and fuelled by their shared purpose to deliver experiences that our customers love, for life. Jaguar Land Rover's global footprint means that people from a diverse array of backgrounds, from all over the world, are part of our family.
It is our people who can create the pioneering spirit and positive atmosphere for collaboration and communication. It is our people who can accelerate change, innovation and product creation.