Looking for an opportunity to thrive by doing something different every day and dive into complex projects that makes a real difference?
We are an independent and fast-growing Systems Engineering and Management consultancy, currently recruiting Senior Systems Engineering Consultants with experience in working across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. Example projects include:
- Helping the Navy in managing the future of its personnel and improving the performance of its submarines.
- Working with the Army in developing its future vehicle capability.
- Supporting Defence in developing the next generation of weapons systems.
- Supporting the development of nuclear fusion capabilities for UK and internationally.
- Training Systems Engineering to engineers across the globe in semiconductors, software, rail, nuclear, civil and military systems.
Your main responsibilities may involve:
- Research and concept development of systems solutions.
- Development and management of system requirements.
- Development of abstract architectures to describe systems.
- Design process engineering for hardware, software, and mixed technology systems.
- Systems safety engineering, including the analysis of the systems safety requirements.
- Systems integration, including structuring and partitioning of complex systems.
- Systems performance evaluation and its application to verification and validation.
- System Integrity analysis including resilience and impact assessment.
- Through life environmental impact evaluation of complex systems.
- Systems qualification and acceptance.
Please note that you don’t have to have proven experience of all the above, training will be provided.
Your essential skills and qualifications:
- A leading practitioner of Systems Engineering activities across several areas of activity, experienced in more than one phase of lifecycle.
- A background in systems or similar engineering discipline within a complex engineering environment.
- A minimum of a technical Degree, equivalent qualification, or experience.
- Comfortable with resolving ambiguity in task, system, and requirements definition.
- Communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Delivery focussed with determination to make a positive difference.
- Easily adapt the approach to fit circumstances.
Beyond that, you may have desirable experience in:
- working closely with demanding clients
- a relevant technology discipline, process, or tool
- experience in using requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS) or architecture approaches/ tools (e.g. MODAF, NAF, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect)
- CEng, CSEP, MSP, Prince2, APMP, ADKAR, Agile, relevant post-graduate qualifications
- be able to work with minimal supervision, often embedded in a client’s team
- understand complex concepts and communicate them clearly to all stakeholders, including non-technical audience
- be highly motivated, proactive with a strong work ethic
- understand the needs of a business and the individual as much as the system
Optima Systems Consultancy is a unique, independent, and fast-growing Systems Engineering Consultancy providing the best in Systems Engineering, Training and Systems Thinking to government and industry. Based in Thornbury, North Bristol, we work across a broad range of complex systems in a range of defence and civil sectors – providing expertise across all kinds of sensors, effectors, handling, information, communication and combat systems, military platforms, and more.
- Competitive salary, Pension and Bonus scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working patterns by negotiation
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Lifestyle Vouchers and Savings
- Health & Wellbeing benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
EQUALITY, INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
Optima values diversity: it brings a new perspective and understanding to our working environment. We are committed to accelerate equality and creating an inclusive work environment where each of our people feels like they belong.
We support our team in developing individual personal development plans to meet their aspirations for career development and to grow the capability of the whole team. These plans drive internal and external training and help us identify the right project opportunities that will offer our team the development experience to progress their careers.
Our offices are in Thornbury, but you may be asked to support work across the country and in some cases across the world, whilst remote working is often possible.
You will be required to undergo security vetting procedures and employment is subject to relevant clearance being granted.