WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be expected to take a prominent role for your area of specialism, across one or more of the cyber security delivery phases such as the development of cyber security requirements for a critical system or the software verification of and testing of these systems. As well as this, you will be expected to develop industry standards and strategies in your area of specialism, prominent their deployment in the business.
You will be expected to engage with suppliers to establish vulnerabilities associated with their systems and define a joint approach to safeguarding these systems. You will need to represent the department in wider business discussions and be hands-on with software development teams. This will have considerable experience through verification testing, including potentially penetration testing and show clear traceability through standards, process definition and technical documentation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, you will be in charge of a wide variety of tasks, including developing business strategies in your area of specialism, prominent their deployment into the business on a worldwide scale, applying system thinking and engineering knowledge to aid the delivery of secure vehicle systems and prominent internal and external certification activities, audits, and cybersecurity standards reviews.
This role will include identifying and eleviating technical risks and collaborate with developers to resolve technical issues whilst ensuring the maintenance of departmental and company standards & procedures. You will monitor and respond to threats identified from a range of sources including analysis of vehicle systems, disclosures and theoretical analysis. Whilst ensuring continuous improvement through effective lessons learned, knowledge capture and process development compliant with standards such as ISO21434.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience and track record of delivery in a field relevant to the role.
* Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
* An ability to think logistically and creatively with a commitment to quality and outstanding results.
* Able to carry out detailed work against security attributes, and able to constructively assess others' work.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to confer complex technical and procedural topics in a clear and concise form, confidently presenting with senior stakeholders.
* Prior experience relating to the development of safety-critical software.
* Expertise in requirements management and ALM systems, e.g. IBM Rational DOORS, RTC, JIRA or similar.
* Automotive experience is preferred, but we are also keen to hear from candidates with knowledge in other relevant fields, e.g. aerospace, defence, IT, industrial controls, medical devices or similar.