MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £40K to £44K + benefitsPart time working considered
An opportunity has arisen within the Group Internal Audit team providing assurance to the MBDA Board covering all of the company's activities. This is an exciting opportunity to join the MBDA Audit team and gain valuable exposure to the wider functions with a medium term view (2-3 years) of moving back into the business.
The OpportunityThe Group Internal Auditor ultimately provides assurance to the MBDA Board by undertaking Internal Audits covering all of MBDA’s activities. You will be required to plan audits, undertake fieldwork, report to the management and board, and follow up on recommendations made.
In addition, there is an opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team’s activities.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with the senior management of the business will give you broad exposure and allow you to develop a strong network.
- You will both lead and support audit engagements.
- The work encompasses all MBDA's activities, including those of the subsidiaries and Joint Ventures. Hence, it offers significant variety and an outstanding opportunity to gain broad experience and understanding.
- Working for a Times Top 30 company that employs over 10,000 people globally, which brings the potential for career development
What we're looking for
- We are looking for someone who has the ability and aptitude to undertake audits of a wide and varied nature.
- The ability to communicate clearly, articulate risk and add value are also highly valued
- A broad business knowledge/background would be beneficial
- A self-starter - the successful applicant will be leading audit engagements and change activities
- Strong communication and influencing skills; an ability to communicate with and influence senior management is crucial
- As the role includes international working, cultural sensitivity and diplomacy is essential!
- Team working is important within Internal Audit therefore it is necessary that the successful candidate can work effectively as a team member
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify the nature of an ill-defined problem and then adapt a solution through alternative thinking.
Join a great team!
You will be part of an international team with all the benefits of experiencing different cultures, whilst also offering the opportunity to travel, mainly within Europe but could extend to any MBDA site within our group.
The team is a small one allowing it to be very responsive to change to which all team members can contribute. There are opportunities for all to lead change activities.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role