MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
A fixed-term contract of 12-15 monthsSalary £65K+ dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
An opportunity has arisen to join a proactive and motivated commercial team, in a sector committed to delivering Defence Capability to the UK Armed Forces and other World Governments, covering all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to disposal.
This particular role is a leadership position within the central Current Portfolio area, with responsibility for the overall commercial governance of a significant contract.
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of the Current Portfolio, a contract structure which covers the majority of MBDA UK’s domestic contracts with UK Ministry of Defence.
- Effectively communicating with sector Commercial Executives and their teams in order to minimise the need for escalation of contentious topics and ensuring a consistent commercial position across the business.
- Dealing with Directors, Sector and Project Heads when key Project issues are escalated for resolution.
- Responsible for all acquisition matters for the function and acts as a functional lead in relation to this topic.
- Able to support all commercial queries relating to the Current Portfolio, guiding others to their resolution as required or escalating as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Someone who can maximise identified business opportunities and implement commercial objectives to support such activities.
- Is responsible for leading a team of commercial staff within the Portfolio area, providing effective people management and development.
- Forms part of the senior management team in any one sector, working closely with the Sector Head and supporting the multifunctional leadership aspects of the area to deliver our promises to the customer.
- Is an effective communicator, both internally; informing a wide range of stakeholders, and externally; building and maintaining a good working relationship with customer counterparts.
- Has the ability to set out strategies relating to the negotiation of complex commercial situations to the benefit of the company, whilst taking in to account the wider Portfolio implications.
- Can ensure that the correct commercial coverage is in place to protect the company and its information.
- Is able to be the main point of contact for the function (and wider) for any contractual information and agreements including obtaining and implementing legal advice. Able to guide teams through commercial issues.
- You will be responsible for the Commercial elements of Route to Contract for the Portfolio arrangement with MoD & improvements to this on behalf of the function, including being the driving force during the Bidding process, ensuring cross functional working to support the delivery of consistent and robust proposals.
What’s in it for you?
- Prominent role with a lot of senior interaction and engagement internally and externally, including joint working with senior customer representatives to solve complex issues and lead the Portfolio in the right direction.
- Can influence commercial strategy and implement it to ensure continuous improvement
- Dynamic working environment (with some UK travel required) with flexible working hours, both at a well-equipped site and at home.
Join a great team!
This is a truly central team that is integral to the vast majority of UK domestic work with the Ministry of Defence. Operating in a governance space, there is a real opportunity to oversee all commercial elements of the Portfolio.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.