Commissioning Engineer - Station Systems
Job Reference: V10291 / V10886
Closing Date: 25/10/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Asset Management
As Telent’s London Rail Projects Team continues to grow, we have vacancies for experienced Commissioning Engineers.
Our work helps to improve the passenger experience and provide an efficient operational railway. Our London Rail Projects Team are responsible for major station refurbishment programmes and deploying the latest station communications technology for LUL and Network Rail. This includes the deployment of remote station management systems and integration with existing communication assets.
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, you will predominately work nights shifts on the London Underground to commission various stations communication systems. This may include; station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and 'one- person operation' (OPO) CCTV Systems. You will be responsible for physically deploying and implementing the technology at the station premise. This may include complex migration strategies to maintain the operations of the Underground at all times.
Typical deliverables include:
- Production of daily shift reports
- Completion of inspection and test plans
- Marking up ‘As built drawings’
- Completing onsite commissioning
- Provide detailed reports on issues identified
- Supporting the site implementation team
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of configuring, testing and commissioning at least one (preferably more) of the following communications systems: station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and 'one- person operation' (OPO) CCTV Systems
- Experience of delivering communications related projects preferably (but not essential) into a Rail or Metro environment
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic experience
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Knowledge of medium sized communications networks
- Keen problem solver
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Preferably a degree in an engineering related discipline
- Valid driving licence (company vehicle will be provided)
- Prepared to work nights in a London Underground safety critical environment
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.