Lead Systems Engineer – Station Comms / CCTV Systems
London, Pirin Court office + WFH flexibility
37.5 hours per week, PERMANENT
Telent Technology Services are actively looking for a new addition to our Rail and Engineering team. We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer who can bring across knowledge and experience of Systems Design & Implementation / Testing of mission-critical Station Communications and Control Centre systems.
Telent Technology Services is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the Engineering, Rail and Highways sectors, including London Underground, Transport for London, Network Rail, Highways England and others. we have been delivering intelligent transport solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years.
On the UK's roads, TfL, Highways England and many other local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all, keeping road users safe.
Lead Systems Engineer role:
Acting as the Lead Systems Engineer for various customer projects, you will be responsible for undertaking all technical aspects of project engineering. This will include managing the production of design packages, ensuring all works are carried out to the correct standard, acting as consultant for new works and production of cost models.
Lead Systems Engineer responsibilities:
- Manage and produce Systems designs and Network designs
- Perform reviews to verify designs are compliant to contract technical requirements
- Ensure designs are risk assessed in accordance with CDM obligations
- Ensure designs are fully integrated with other disciplines
- Manage and produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs
- Provide technical support to implementation teams
- Produce as-built documentation and associated test results
- Report against programme to relevant Project Manager
- Drive efficiencies in repeated work scopes through design re-use
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate Telent incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases
- Produce resource plans for customers works
- Interface with internal and external engineering teams to ensure all works are planned and completed on time
We are looking for the Lead Systems Engineer to possess strong experience in Systems Design, integration and testing, ideally with the following technologies:
- Station / Railway Station communications systems (telephony / Unified Comms systems)
- Station / Railway Station Management Systems / Control Centres
- Security CCTV systems (Analogue and/or IP Networks)
- Customer Information Systems and Display Systems
- Public Address, Voice Alarm and Induction Loops
- Passenger Help Points
- Data Networks
- PO/TtT CCTV Systems
- Line management experience or ability to Lead a small team
Lead Systems Engineer qualifications / skills required:
- Degree or HNC in an Engineering related subject (desirable)
- CRSE License
- Experience of Windows Servers / Systems, Microsoft Architecture
- Exposures to Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower
- Strong knowledge of / experience of Network routing & switching
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent Technology Services is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.