Engineer Radio Systems
Job Reference: V11511
Location: Wellingborough/Denington Rd
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Engineering
Are you an experienced Radio Systems Engineer who wants to work in a close-knit team and provide excellent service to both internal and external customers? Our Radio team is expanding once again and now is a great time to join an established team in delivering Radio support to our wider project teams.
The role is a mix of working within our Wellingborough office and from home.
Who is Telent?
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, operation, and maintenance of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission-critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector, our expertise, accreditations, and knowledge make us a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution. And it’s not just us saying this; we are consistently named as a Top Supplier across industry expert analyses, including ranking 16th in the Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 List of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
What will I be doing?
- Acting as the Lead Engineer/Design Authority on projects on behalf of telent and provide technical expertise when required.
- Acting as the Lead Engineer/Design Authority on customer project assigned to you
- Attending customer locations as required to conduct Wireless & Radio related activities
- Compiling and maintaining documentation in accordance with telent business requirements
- Using RF planning tools
- Creating customer-facing reports and documentation
- Leading and acting as company experts in the Research of networking and radio system/solution requirements; prepares detailed architectural and installation plans
- Conducts internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis
- Researching problems, conducts cable and equipment installations, and evaluating new technologies
- Radio and Wireless System Designs/ Wireless & Radio coverage plans
- Detailed solution engineering documentation including but not limited to;
- Test Plans
- Run Proof of Concepts
What experience are we looking for?
- You’ll have held Senior posts either with a carrier, vendor or professional services organisation
- You’ll be proficient in the use of RF Planning tools - iBwave, iBuildNet, ICS, Ekahau, LS Telcom
- You’ll understand the principles of IP Networking & Architectures and the same for Fibre Optics
- You’ll have had experience in some of the following systems:
- Cellular Networks – 3G/4G/5G
- BSS including 3G/4G/5G
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry-leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- A company car
- A generous pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion