Install & Test Engineer
Job Reference: V7157
Employment Type: Contractor
Division: Service Provider Wireline
Business: Network Services
Telecommunications Field Engineer tasked by Regional Field Manager or Field Supervisor to install and test equipment in line with contract requirements. Works as part of a team but able to work alone without the need for direct supervision on site.
Be able to meet tight SLA's and work efficiently to minimise customer down time.
Able to participate in an On-Call rota, typically a 1 in 4 or a 1 in 3, dependant on business requirements. Actively support across multiple customers and keen to take on new skills as required.
- Install equipment and installation materials using latest issue contract manuals and procedural documents to required standards of quality and time.
- Supervise installation and testing of equipment and materials from contract manuals and procedural documents to required standards of quality and time.
- Accurate and timely completion and submission of all required site administration and completion documents as required.
- Receipt of deliveries and arrange site clearance.
- Mentoring colleagues and subcontract personnel to achieve required time and quality standards.
- Complete QC checks on own work and that completed by others on site and record results accurately using the correct document.
- Undertake formal Quality audits in line with project quality management regime and record results as required.
- Accurate and timely submission of all payroll data and expense claims in accordance with published processes.
- Complete general risk assessment prior to commencement of each task on site and record in site diary.
- Maintain adequate and ‘in date’ personal protective equipment enough for all tasks undertaken and ensure that it is used as required at all times.
- Manage all personal issue tooling and test equipment in line with published processes to ensure that fit for purpose, calibrated and PAT tested tooling and test equipment is available as appropriate to complete all assigned tasks.
- Efficient management of all on-hire equipment ensuring items are returned promptly after use to minimise cost.
- Compliance with the company auditing processes and procedures in accordance with all internal and external requirements.
- Lead and supervise a team of contract (either telent employed or 3rd party supplied) staff engaged in all aspects of install and test site activity.
- Local primary point of reference for telent management and customer representatives.
- Reporting to Field Operations Supervisor or Project Manager on contract progress and completion.
- On site management of materials, tooling and plant.
- Knowledge, understanding and enforcement of all Company Policy, Processes and Procedures relating to Field activities.
- Care and maintenance of company vehicle and be fully compliant with all relevant driver policies.
- Manage skills profile and training records on HR.net.
- Timely and accurate submission of hours and expenses.
- Will be trained on other streams of work as directed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Telco Wireline Field environment or successful completion of relevant training programme or Apprenticeship.
- Comprehensive installation experience and is skilled in at least two of the following: copper cable termination at MDF, co-axial cable termination, CAT 5 termination and optical fibre cable preparation and splicing.
- Entry level IP skills and experience on Cisco products.
- Proven knowledge of health and safety and best working practices.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in testing or commissioning of products across multiple technologies and manufacturers.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. (Depth and breadth of experience will be considered where these qualifications have not been attained.)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to obtain full SC level clearance
- Actively tries to find out how the service to customers can be improved
- Supporting and quickly implementing changes that have been agreed
- Is aware of expenditure and seeks to minimise costs to the business and customer
As a contractor working with telent you can expect to receive:
- PAYE Direct payroll
- PAYE Benefits; Accrued holiday pay and telent pension contribution etc.
- Weekly Pay
- A designated team to help you with your queries
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.