Technical Design Authority (TDA)
Flexible Working Location
Job Reference: V11565
Location: Flexible Working Location
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: NS Operations
Business: Network Services
Experienced TDA from a Network/Telecoms background ideally with Radio/Microwave Technology. Customer facing, key role for one of our key public sector customer projects.
We are seeking a Technical Design Authority with considerable experience of leading the engineering delivery associated with carrier-class telecommunication network roll-outs or upgrade programmes.
You will act as Technical Design Authority and lead all technical aspects of a major programme delivering a new operational telecommunications service (infrastructure and technology) to critical national infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom, on behalf of a government Client.
You will have significant experience of delivering IP services over integrated fixed communications networks, including network performance and service management systems. Your experience will cover system design, deployment, and support. Experience in microwave communications systems would also be an advantage.
Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and building strong relationships with the Client and Suppliers to meet the programme objectives will be essential for this role. You will also have previously delivered complex, high profile technology integration programmes, and thrive in a high value, high pace environment.
- Overseeing all aspects of the solution design (high level, low-level and installation), ensuring that the solution design meets Client requirements and delivers contractual service level performance.
- Managing all engineering activities to achieve system testing in accordance with contractual milestone dates. This will include network management and service management systems.
- Overseeing technology deployment activities, including installation design, equipment installation and commissioning and service provisioning.
- Overseeing service transition from legacy service to the new network solution.
- Leadership of the programme engineering team, including managing staff and activities to meet the programme plan, and other contractual requirements.
- Management of requirements and production of all appropriate engineering documentation.
- Representing Telent at technical meetings with the Client and liaising with the Client’s technical lead and technical approvals team as required.
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- The candidate will have an excellent track record of leading engineering teams to successful deliver complex networking solutions, for government or service provider clients.
- Significant experience of designing and delivering carrier class networks, and associated management systems
- Excellent technical knowledge of IP networking, microwave technology, and network management systems.
- Leadership and people management skills, with demonstrable experience of driving team performance to meet programme demands.
- Good Client facing skills, comfortable engaging at senior levels within their organisation.
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Is recognised as an expert within the organisation.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Architectural or Design Certifications advantageous
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.