Test Manager - Operational Communications (HS2)
Job Reference: V10990 OpsComms
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity for a Test Manager or Project Engineer with experience of system test and validation for medium to large-scale communications, radio or IT projects to work on Highspeed Speed 2 (HS2) Telecommunications projects. In this position, you will have the opportunity to influence the technology and the testing of the solution for one of the most exciting national infrastructure projects this decade, with a particular focus on the testing strategy. Telent offer you the opportunity to join a dedicated tender response team where your contribution is valued, one where you’ll have autonomy to make a real difference.
Ideally candidates will be able to work from a London office at least 2 days a week. Working from home is possible when not required in the office.
Reporting to the Engineering Lead, you will be part of a virtual team responsible for delivering the Engineering aspects of the HS2 tender response and the subsequent delivery of the HS2 Telecommunications infrastructure with our partner organisation. You will specifically be responsible for delivering the testing requirements for the related systems (IP telephony, IP networks, IT infrastructure, radio systems, security systems and fibre).
- Analyse the requirements for the Operational Communications for HS2
- Provide input to the engineering structure and effort required to validate those requirements, through test programmes
- Work with partners to specify the test strategies and plans for the overall solutions
- Work with partners to define the testing environment, models and equipment
- Help drive the delivery methodology and strategy in line with win themes for the bid
- Ensuring the highest quality output for a winning response
- Support the Program Manager in programming the works
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of leading test functions on large-scale communication, radio or IT projects
- Pre-sales experience working on tender responses including:
- Methodology and programs of work
- Cost estimates for engineering test activities
- Working with partners
- Knowledge of business systems for the management of test programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence others
- Telecoms project experience (preferably Rail comms)
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- A competitive salary
- Company car or allowance
- Employee healthcare
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.