Contractors Engineering Manager (Ops Comms)
Job Reference: V10637c
Location: Flexible Working Location
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Engineering
If you have previous experience as a Network Rail approved Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) or Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) delivering engineering assurance for railway Ops Comms projects, this is an exciting opportunity for you! Telent can offer you the opportunity to join a friendly supportive team where your contribution is valued, one where you’ll have autonomy to make a real difference. This senior engineering management position offers access to leading-edge rail technology and a great variety of work.
Flexible base location but candidates must be prepared to travel between sites in London, Warwick and Birmingham
As our Rail Engineering Teams continue to grow, we’re recruiting a CEM to deliver Ops Comms renewal and enhancement technology projects. This includes operational telephony, signalling, voice, copper and fibre cabling. Our multi-disciplinary projects interface with Installation Design, Civils, Telecommunications, Infrastructure, Power, SMS, Security, Test and commissioning.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring inter-disciplinary checks to demonstrate designs are fully integrated and compliant to contract requirements
- Represent the Engineering Team at client stakeholder reviews, including inter-disciplinary reviews and System Review Panels
- Approval of all engineering documentation to demonstrate that the solution has been designed, built and tested to the agreed standards
- Approval of all Health and Safety documentation associated with implementation works
- Ensure telecoms related designs fully satisfy all contractual requirements
- Assurance related deliverables to meet the requirements of Client safety and assurance processes
- Approval of all Health and Safety method statements, including Construction Phase Plans
- Approval of Test Strategies that demonstrate the integrated systems deliver the required function and performance
- Act as Principal Designer under CDM 2015 regulations
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Previous experience as a Network Rail approved CEM, CEM under mentorship or CRE delivering engineering assurance for Ops Comms technology related projects (e.g. operational telephony, signalling, voice, copper and fibre cabling).
- Good knowledge of UK Rail standards and procedures
- Extensive experience in multidiscipline design / design management
- Effective communicator, particularly to Senior Engineering and Programme Director levels
- Ability to provide strong leadership to project teams in the management of programmes
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with high levels of integrity to get the right solution implemented
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- A competitive salary
- Company car or allowance
- Employee healthcare
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.