AWE is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Facility Engineer to deliver and lead professional engineering services, to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - c£65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
- Apply extensive domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of complex and high profile issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
- Lead and advise engineers within bounds of own specialism in the delivery of innovative solutions to complex engineering problems
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures, and follow up on actions
- Inform department or project engineering strategies
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards and advises others how to adhere efficiently
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
We would love to hear from individuals with the following:
- An HNC with suitable additional mechanical-relate experience to Incorporated Engineer equivalent level
- Membership of an engineering institution
- The ability to lead mechanical engineering delivery across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
- Experience of leading delivery of facilities design engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.