About the Role
The LM-STAR® programme requires a Field Engineer to support the LM-STAR® ATE Test Stations installed in the UK, and Europe. The Field Engineer will be based at the GE Aviation office in Cheltenham, with travel to Edinburgh, Rochester, DECA Sealand, Havant & Culdrose in the UK , Genoa in Italy, and Kitron in Norway. This role will form part of a small team of Field Service Engineers tasked from the LM-STAR® Performance Based Logistics office in Orlando Florida USA. Training on LM-STAR will be provided.
The main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing Maintainer support for operation, maintenance, installation, calibration and modification of LM-STAR® Automated Test Equipment.
- Analyse electronic equipment failures to determine the cause and then take the required corrective action.
- Maintain LM-STAR® test stations at an operational availability of greater than 85%, subject to the PBL requirement at each site
- Provide guidance and training to the customers personnel on LM-STAR® operational procedures and techniques.
- Implement preventive maintenance programs and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment availability.
- Using/providing Information for Automated Depot Information System (ADIS) to order, receive, and ship LM-STAR® assets to and from Operating Sites, Storage Sites and/or the depot in Orlando.
- Perform site surveys, system installations and station movements as requested by the customer and as authorised by Programme Management.
- Interface with customer representatives and maintain customer satisfaction with equipment and systems.
- Participate in planning and preparation of technical and progress reports on assigned projects including:
- Completing the "maintenance of logbooks" for each LM-STAR® test station, to include all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and failure data, as well as, system hardware and software configuration changes made to the system.
- Provision of weekly LM-STAR® status reports for each site through the on-line web site.
- Participation in weekly teleconference calls with Engineering Management in Orlando and other Field Service Engineers.
- Co-ordination of tester maintenance priorities with LM Orlando Team.
Working for Lockheed Martin you can expect outstanding benefits, a diverse and inclusive work environment, a four day working week, work life balance policies and working patterns, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to reward you for your hard work, and more.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
An Avionics and Automated Test Engineer able to work independently with good communication skills
- Two or more years experience with ATE operation and maintenance,
- Proficient in electrical/electronic theory and troubleshooting techniques,
- Experience of Windows CVI and Test Stand software tools,
- Fault finding,
- Diagostic Skills,
- Instrument replacement,
- Local repair and wiring replacement.
- Understanding of Avionic Test Requirements
Specific LM-STAR® Training will be provided
The Job Description and duties included here are only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined and other duties assigned by the LMUK RMS Systems Supportability Manager.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP] : Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with troubleshooting computer hardware and software rebuild procedures
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Flexible, team-player with ability to manage high volume and multi-task activities within assigned time constraints.
- Comfortable with change and willing to adapt.
- Able to travel, often at short notice.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and software programs.
- Must be highly motivated, self reliant and well organized with excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work without supervision and be capable of making informed decisions, sometimes with limited information available
- Appreciation of the aviation industry and aircraft operation and maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity wit test instrumentation i.e oscilloscope, signal wave generators, RF etc