Fantastic opportunities for Safety Specialists
AWE is looking for Safety Specialists. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £32,950 - £49,950 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will provide general/industrial/nuclear/explosives safety advice, guidance and operational support for the staff deployed within specified facilities and programmes. You will follow agreed strategies in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and AWE's policies, procedures and guidance. Completes data reporting and associated documentation.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for conventional health & safety are communicated and understood.
- Maintaining and promoting high standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality. Production of health & safety documentation for a project and/or portfolio.
- Support to the local ESH Improvement Plans (culture, communications, etc).
- Promoting learning and improvement through operational briefings, toolbox talks and presentations.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Level 3 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety, NEBOSH Construction Certificate or NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- IOSH grade of Affiliate, Associate or newly upgraded TechIOSH (in order to develop H&S competence through continuous professional development).
- Commitment and willingness to undertake necessary training and update knowledge as and when required including CPD.
- Lead by example, visibly demonstrating Company Values: Pride, Innovation, Excellence and Trust.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Computer literate (IT/IS).
- Safety advisor experience in a high hazard environment.
- Investigation and inspection techniques.
- Aspects of emergency response in a high hazard environment.
- Customer service-related tasks and duties.
- Evidence of effective team working.
- Good knowledge and ability to interpret relevant legislation.