Do you have a background, within a construction related discipline or trade, with an understanding of construction management and supervision? Would you be keen to develop your experience with a company that gives you every other Friday off?
Role - Construction Engineer
Location - Reading area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working within our Construction Engineering team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Engineer to monitor, report, assist and liaise with Contractors to verify that the requirements of the contract are being fulfilled and that AWE process' and License Condition requirements are fully adhered to on our Construction sites.
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest employers where you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects which will make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.
What will you be required to do?
- Maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase
- Provide input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project
- Promote good practice of material sustainability (reuse and/or recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs
- Ensure that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified
- Monitor and record specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate
What will you need, to be considered?
- We would love to hear from individuals with a relevant trade background or engineering-related qualification (ONC/HNC/HND), who possess current a SSSTS & CSCS Supervisors Card.
- Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.