AWE is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to provide Engineering capability to the Trials and Test Technology Centre Sub-Function in support of AWE Programmes.
Location - Reading area
Package - £33,850 - c£44,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Lead the delivery of technical projects for the maintenance and upgrade of control systems, electrical systems and pulsed power systems
- Implement Systems Engineering best practices
- Manage the delivery of conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation and validation evidence
- Contribute to the production and delivery of high-quality technical reports and presentations
- Identify and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement
- Assist the Technical Lead in managing partnerships
- Support the Senior Engineer in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities
- Organise personal training and development under the guidance of a professional mentor
The hiring manager would be interested in receiving applications from individuals with a Degree/HND/NVQ4 level in STEM vocational qualification, supported by practical experience or equivalent. While we welcome applications from developing Engineers, ideally you will have demonstrable experience in:
- Leading small project teams
- Working with complex systems using innovative science and technology
- Delivering projects using a stage gated process
- Implementing Systems Engineering best practices
- Working with systems such as electrical systems, distributed camera systems, network-controlled systems, PLC controlled systems or motion control systems
- Mentoring and coaching others
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.