WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Vehicle Support Lead Engineer, you will be part of the Powertrain cal and controls team that covers all Jaguar Land Rover Powertrain programs and vehicles. You will be entrusted with the delivery of BEV and ICE calibrations that achieve best in class attributes and robustly meet the most stringent global emissions standards. To know and assist with the business growth strategy, an opportunity exists for a Vehicle Support Lead Engineer to oversee the Support team in maintaining the extensive vehicle fleet. As a Vehicle Support Lead Engineer, you will report into the Group Leader and work with Calibration Engineers, Project Leaders and Test Operations to ensure the fleet vehicles are maintained to the appropriate standard.
In this role, you will be expected to manage workshop requests and prioritise jobs, oversee and organise the Powertrain vehicle fleet and co-ordinate Fleet handback and Fleet issues/RIS activity. You will also be required to manage and audit Wheel and Tyre assemblies for Powertrain.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be required to organise Powertrain calibration environmental test trips and vehicle transport logistics between sites and suppliers - in addition to obtaining quotes and raising required booking for facilities used on test trips. Taking on this level of responsibility will entail managing and auditing store requests, harnessing and maintaining working relationships with all Project Managers, Leaders and Engineers and processing all external repair agency requests.
YOU WILL NEED
A successful candidate will have extensive experience of managing vehicle fleets and workshop activity, knowledge of BEV and ICE Powertrain and vehicle systems and will be well-versed in managing teams and documentation. They will have the ability to converse across all departments at all levels - maintaining and building on working relationships along the way.
Strong project management capabilities with excellent execution experience and the ability to multitask are needed to be a Lead Engineer. As a business, Jaguar Land Rover are looking for someone who has strong influencing and engagement abilities and is able to question existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and has the ability to see the job through under tight timelines and pressure are values that Jaguar Land Rover values and will look for in an applicant.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and reliable.
* Knowledge of BEV and ICE Powertrain and vehicle systems
* Clear and concise communication skills
* Process driven and able to create new processes
* An individual, who is able to work independently and in a team, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* Experience of ETAS INCA, Pathfinder and Corvus
* Experienced in the principles of 6-sigma (inc. P-diags, DFMEA)