At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Are you an experienced Cloud Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our team with creative and ambitious Cloud Solutions Engineers. With a primary focus on designing and building cloud based solutions across public, private and hybrid cloud architectures, your experience will cover a variety of technologies, working closely with development teams to understand complex multi-domain problem sets and apply your skills to solve them.
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented Cloud Solutions Engineers to join our team.
We want you to help us apply cloud based solutions using DevSecOps and Infrastructure as Code techniques to transform the way our customers do business. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
As a Lead Cloud Solutions Engineer you will be expected to take a lead role in all aspects of the System Development Lifecycle.
Working in agile feature delivery teams with Cloud Solutions Architects, Software Developers, Test Engineers and other specialist, to design, build, deliver and support critical customer systems using the latest techniques and technologies.
Developing cross discipline skillsets that will enable you to work more efficiently and succeed in taking on complex challenges.
Key Technical Skills:
- Extensive experience working within IT Systems Design, Deployment and Administration, with recent roles in Technical or Team Leadership positions;
- Certified to Associate level in either Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience of designing, deploying and administering cloud based solutions across either Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure Extensive experience of administration of Linux Operating Systems within large corporate environments, including CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 onwards;
- Extensive experience of administration of Windows Server Operating Systems within large corporate environments, from Windows Server 2016 onwards;
- Extensive experience of designing, deploying and troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker;
- Experience of working within complex or high security environments.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Experience of configuring IPv4 routers and firewalls;
- Experience of designing, building & maintaining VMWare ESXi clusters;
- Experience of using Git or Subversion for configuration control;
- Experience of using centralised configuration management services such as Ansible or Puppet;
- Experience of using Public Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure; Experience of using agile collaboration tooling, such as Jira and Confluence; Knowledge of Scrum or SAFE based Agile Delivery;
- Knowledge of ITIL based Service Management delivery.
Additional information for your consideration:
You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.