Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you an experienced Linux engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our team with creative and ambitious Linux engineers. With a primary focus on building and supporting large scale Linux deployments, your experience will cover a variety of technologies, working closely with development teams to understand complex problem sets and apply your skills to solve them.
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented Linux engineers to join our team.
We want you to help us apply DevOps and Infrastructure as Code techniques to transform the way our customers do business. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
As a Lead Linux Engineer you will be expected to take a lead role in all aspects of the System Development Lifecycle. Working in agile feature delivery teams with Software Developers, Test Engineers and other specialist, to design, build, deliver and support critical customer systems using the latest techniques and technologies. Developing cross discipline skillsets that will enable you to work more efficiently and succeed in taking on complex challenges.
Key Technical Skills…
- Extensive years' experience of designing, deploying and administering Linux or Unix based solutions, using virtualisation, containerisation, Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tools, techniques & procedures.
- Certified to RHCE equivalent level in one of the appropriate Linux certification bodies, for example GIAC, LPI, Oracle, RedHat or The Linux Foundation;
- Experience of designing, deploying & troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker;
- Experience of working within complex or high security environments.
Desirable Technical Skills…
- Experience of configuring IPv4 routers and firewalls;
- Experience of designing, building & maintaining VMWare ESXi clusters;
- Experience of using Git or Subversion for configuration control;
- Experience of using centralised configuration management services such as Ansible or Puppet;
- Experience of using Public Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience of using agile collaboration tooling, such as Jira and Confluence;
- Knowledge of Scrum or SAFE based Agile Delivery;
- Knowledge of ITIL based Service Management delivery.
Additional information for your consideration... You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.