Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you a Software Engineer with an interest in the Elastic Stack who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation? Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. With a primary focus on the Elastic Stack, your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented software engineers to join our team to help us develop and maintain a suite of applications.. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations. You will be helping us to solve our customer's problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities throughout the Software Life cycle from requirements capture through to R&D(Research & Development), implementation, automation and test in a wide range of technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have had responsibility for parcels of work and should be used to working with customers. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or tool sets. Experience of mentoring or team leading would be advantageous.
Key criteria required...
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Experience of, or keen to learn, the Elastic Stack. Already has, or is willing to go through, Elastic Engineer Certification.
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of...
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- DevOps approaches and associated tools such as Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Messaging and Routing Technologies such as NiFi and Kafka
- Cloud-based architectures
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Different programming languages, such as: Java, C, C++ and Python
- Working with open source products
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.