Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you a Scrum Master who wants to contribute to real agile delivery, working on projects that matter?
Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our community of Agile practitioners, Scrum Masters and coaches. With a primary focus on Agile and in particular Scrum, your role will be to facilitate the most effective application of agile principles and practices to meet our customers’ emerging mission needs.
You will work within an agile team that is responsible for a suite of software applications that provide crucial capability for our customer’s mission. You’ll act as a ‘servant leader’ to the team, helping them to work effectively to deliver maximum value to our customers.
- Perform the role of Scrum Master as described in the Scrum Guide
- Act as a servant-leader and facilitator to support teams in the day-to-day operation of their lean-agile practices
- Empower the team to self-organise and to take collective responsibility for delighting customers through development of high-quality products
- Build a trusting, safe environment within the team where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Actively facilitate team events (e.g. Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective) and supporting activities such as backlog refinement to ensure that the relevant objectives are achieved
- Promote effective engagement between the team and its stakeholders, including by protecting the integrity of the team’s process to enable predictable delivery
- Help the team to identify coherent and achievable goals in consultation with stakeholders
- Support the team in identifying and addressing impediments to the attainment of goals, including taking action to remove impediments where appropriate
- Drive sustainable continuous improvement, including by collating and deriving insights from data
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and making information visible
- Contribute to the identification of training and development needs, for the team as a whole and for individual team members as required
- Support teams or individuals to improve performance and achieve goals through coaching and mentoring
- Provide training to impart or reinforce knowledge of Lean-Agile concepts, tools and practices
- Take responsibility for your own professional development through training, mentoring, professional memberships etc.
- Support Northrop Grumman's growth by providing input to business development and capture activities as required
- Demonstrate the Northrop Grumman Leadership Characteristics at all times
- Thorough knowledge of agile principles, practices and methods, particularly Scrum
- Holds a recognised Scrum Master certification e.g. CSM, PSM I, SSM
- Practical experience of servant-leadership in agile teams
- Excellent organisational and facilitation skills
- Self-starting mentality and willingness to take ownership of difficult challenges
- Desire to drive change, implement new ways of working and think "out of the box"
- Experience of and/or certification in agile-at-scale framework e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Nexus
- Experience of Agile Coaching or qualifications including ICP-ATF, ICP-ACC or ICE-AC
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.