CMMS and Application Development Technician (TE-CRG-ML-2021-117-LD) Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you qualified in computing development and maintenance, technical database management in industrial environment, familiar with python, SQL? Are you at the start of your career in a technical or scientific environment? We invite you to take your career to an exciting new level by joining the CERN cryogenics team, directly involved in the assets management database and support for maintenance, logistics and operation.
CERN is the world's largest particle physics laboratory and its flagship accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider, depends on having an unrivalled set of cryogenic systems on hand to guarantee reliable operation.
Typical cryogenic systems comprise compressors, heat exchangers, valves, instrumentation, vacuum pumps, controls systems and various types of cryostats and test benches. The management and support of these assets requires to use and master a wide range of IT tools and interconnected databases.
From start-up and routine operation to maintenance support and emergency interventions, no stone is left unturned in the quest for perfectly reliable operation. The experience you will gain as a member of the cryogenics team could not be acquired anywhere else, teaching you to work autonomously and to deploy innovative solutions adapted to complex industrial environment.
In the Technology (TE) department*, Cryogenics (CRG) group, you will:
- Administrate the content of the Computerized Maintenance Management System for the cryogenics group Infor EAM;
- Perform data analysis using a wide range of diagnostics tools in CERN databases and implement Key Point Indicators for operation and maintenance performance evaluation;
- Develop and adapt tools for operators and technicians in charge of field operation, maintenance, and associated gas logistics (e.g. operation quality tracking, planning and scheduling);
- Implement Quality Control and methodology processes and act as coding officer for the cryogenics group;
- Implement Availability Fault Tracking analytics tool in the cryogenics assets database;
- Analyse the used field working methodologies, propose and implement new workflows and tools to improve the cryogenics performances.
*TE department: *http://te-dep.web.cern.ch/
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience, information technologies, electronic, electrical, electromechanical, mechanical or a related field.
You have a demonstrated experience in:
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems;
- Quality control, coding and Information Technology tools;
- Operation and Maintenance large industrial of scientific facilities and their associated hardware (e.g. Industrial gases, vacuum equipment, PLCs, etc.).
- Knowledge of database and/or data mining architectures and technologies: (i.e., SQL, Oracle database, Infor EAM);
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: (e.g., Python, Spark, Github);
- Operation and maintenance of cryogenic systems;
- Quality management.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting;
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements. Finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available;
- Communicating effectively: selecting the appropriate medium and forum to communicate. Ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented;
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 22.11.2021 at noon (CET).
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and official holidays;
- Work in Radiation Areas;
- Residence in the immediate vicinity of the Organization's installations;
- Interventions in underground installations;
- A valid driving licence is required;
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: TE-CRG-ML-2021-117-LD