We are recruiting for a Senior Technical Services Consultant, to manage AWE's Information Technology Infrastructure and participate in the development of future strategy and the future direction of IT. Task manage and advise the IT Infrastructure Teams in the development, implementation and operation of Infrastructure Systems across AWE, including close work with key customers and suppliers. Act as the technical focal point between IT Operations and IT Projects to ensure projects only deliver effective systems.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year inc bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Salary £42,700 - £65,000
Location - Based on site near Reading
- Work with the Business Relationship Managers and customer communities to develop customer requirements into deliverable solutions and fit for purpose IT.
- Review project designs to ensure delivered services are operable and will not detriment existing technologies and services.
- To assist the Line Manager in the development, implementation and operation of the Infrastructure or Application Support Teams.
- Management of small BAU projects
- Assisting the Business Manager with financial and budget management
- Lead and undertake ACM duties within Enterprise Apps
- To manage the day-to-day sustainment of Infrastructure Systems/Applications, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training and quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- To develop the technological knowledge of the IT Infrastructure or Application Support Teams. Support them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives in conjunction with the team leader, and to continually improve their understanding of modern technologies.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.