Victrex Plc, a FTSE 250 company, is a world leader in PEEK and PAEK-based polymer solutions, bringing transformational and sustainable solutions that address world material challenges every day. With every new development, Victrex seeks to deliver better outcomes for their customers – helping them overcome complex design and engineering challenges.
Thinner, smarter, lighter, more fuel efficient and durable; Victrex works continuously to achieve improved economic and performance solutions, guided by megatrends such as climate change, social demographics, and technology breakthroughs.
Every day, millions of people use sustainable products and applications containing Victrex materials – from smartphones, aeroplanes and cars to oil and gas operations and medical devices.
Victrex is seeking a Plant Manager for their high hazard chemical operation at Rotherham which manufactures a key chemical ingredient for PEEK materials. The role will lead and manage all aspects of manufacturing production for this distinct manufacturing facility, ensuring all the required standards and performance levels are continuously achieved across safety, process safety, quality, production output, and cost and people management. The site employs c.60 people and operates 24/7. The Plant Manager will be responsible for the entire multi-disciplinary team including production, engineering, maintenance, and quality control. There is significant opportunity and autonomy to shape this critical site for Victrex over the coming years.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with:
- Significant, proven experience of managing high hazard manufacturing/plant operations
- In-depth experience and working knowledge of the range of disciplines relevant to manufacturing including engineering, maintenance, quality control, safety, and process safety
- In-depth working knowledge of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements and standards relevant to high hazard assets and manufacturing facilities
- COMAH experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change in manufacturing environments
- Proven experience of effectively leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience of operating in a fast paced, demanding environment with the ability to reconcile and prioritise conflicting demands
- A strong aptitude for root cause analysis and trouble-shooting operational issues
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills
- A degree in relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent experience
A full candidate brochure is available to download here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jaclyn Needham or Ailsa Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.