MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary range: up to £60,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable Software Engineer to join our team at our Bristol facility to develop solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; to work with us to develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
This is a very hands-on role, and requires the continued design and development of the Command and Control architecture, and the instantiations for future products.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in software, its realisation and system wide impact with strong problem-solving skills
- Our development is within C++ so previous experience in this is important. Experience in other languages such as Ada would be beneficial but not essential
- An ability to work across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation
- Software engineers that can bring experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our effectiveness and sustainability
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team, and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills are key.
- Knowledge of DDS middleware and Real Time Operating Systems would be beneficial
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++ would be beneficial but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software development and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
- Our teams develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate; part of a large progressive and responsive company.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- We maintain a high performing team culture!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.