MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Embedded Software Engineer (R05334)
Salary: Up to £60,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created a great opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol!
The team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique and exciting opening will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products; developing embedded, real-time software.
A hands-on role requiring the continued development and integration of missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products. You will develop software targeting C, C++ and/or Ada languages. This software will be integrated with other software from several sources, an OS, firmware and hardware.
What we’re looking for
- Significant experience in the development of embedded software and a collaborative, open approach to development with the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development.
- Experience in model-based development - either using UML tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody; or Matlab/Simulink.
- An awareness of deploying software on real-time Operating Systems and ARM-based processing platforms and have an appreciation of firmware and electronics design.
- Good knowledge of modern software development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & DO178B/C and restricted coding such as MISRA / SPARK would be advantageous.
- Significant previous experience with embedded C, C++ and/or Ada. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems.
What’s in it for you?
- Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, exciting and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
- A great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
Join a great team!
- The Filton site encompasses approx. 140 Software developers with the Embedded Software team consisting of about 30 engineers within that who specialise in all aspects embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
- The Embedded Software team develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a hardworking group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.