MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This role is to work on a new seeker product with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to manage the seeker development activities. The seeker must be fit for purpose for its intended use against requirements including a particular emphasis on the assessment and introduction of cost reduction improvements as the design evolves.
What we’re looking for
- Manage the design, integration and performance testing, seeker performance including the delivery of development hardware for trials and demonstration.
- Manage the multidiscipline teams including mechanical, electronics, firmware, software and test equipment.
- Define the seeker design definition and configuration including managing the design baselines through the development lifecycle to the required quality controls and traceability.
- Identify risks and also mitigation activities including cost down activities including managing the delivery of improvements to meet customer expectations.
- Control non-conformances identified during development build and test and manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions to conclusion.
- Support the Chief Design Engineer in reporting the technical progress and spend against the funded plans and justify additional activities including funding requirements.
- Work with the design team to verify that the performance of supplied parts is suitable against requirements including reviewing test documentation and test results.
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
Join a great team!
- The successful candidate will be joining a developing dynamic design team that have a range of skills and experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and assist with forming the design team.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer’s requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA using various specialist suppliers.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.