MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to lead and take responsibility for shaping the technical development of a Naval Domain Weapon System, for a high-profile project for our Domestic Customers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Deriving the product architecture at physical and functional levels working with System and Design functions
- Deriving baseline Hardware Requirements for the equipment definition and aiding in shaping the Technical Requirement Specifications for the Weapon System and sub systems
- Scoping and Planning project objectives for the different phases of a new development program
- Ensure cost management for planned activities
- Aiding to provide coherence of legacy design and scoping technology uplifts
The role has a wide partner community base within MBDA UK and the wider European community. You will be required to engage and work across Systems Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Design, Mechanical Design, Integration, Test Systems and Manufacturing in order to assess and down select the Weapon System and sub system elements and define the technology roadmap for development of equipment prototypes and production builds.
In addition, the role has a high profile in aiding to shape future Weapon System Equipment, Research and Development direction within the wider business, to ensure they are meeting the needs of the future projects becoming mainstream initiatives.
What we’re looking for:Someone who can
- demonstrate their skills as a highly motivated self-starter with an eye for detail in order to advance the technical understanding of the product under development
- prioritise engineering needs and disseminate a wide range of engineering information
- get involved with an emerging system architecture, create and challenge and support the derivation of requirements from System to resultant Product
- bring their engineering knowledge in order to consider the design implementation challenges for the product under development, with the support of domain expertise and company technical experts in order to make informed choices; identify and mitigate technical risks.
- develop and contribute to wider architecture discussions on the implementation of Safety and Security features within the product design; quantify safety within a system or sub system team.
- drive technical teams to assess options and subsequently describe them to a customer, internally and externally, identifying the benefits to them and making a proposal for the next stage of development.
- work closely with the Systems Engineering team to identify trade-space and make an informed judgement on compliance of the resultant product
- establish and maintain a wide partner community crossing Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing to facilitate the development of solutions in the Weapon system Equipment domain.
- lead a large number of varied and parallel important tasks and place them within the context of a bigger picture to achieve the short / medium / long term delivery of the program and functional vision
- support the Head of Product Development with the lifecycle management of the engineering tasks and business reporting to ensure cost and market competitiveness
What’s in it for you?
- The ability to grow your career within a wider engineering sphere.
- Highly technical, challenging engineering environment at the cutting edge of future weapon concept development.
- An exposure to the early stages of development that will influence the next generation of MBDA Weapon Systems
- A solid understanding of the system elements that are required to deliver a Weapon System from Concept to In-Service
- Engagement with a broad range of stakeholders in order to create and realise the technical delivery of a Weapon System capability
- Exposure to Assessment and Demonstration Phase product lifecycle management
- Demonstration of Engineering Leadership qualities that can lead to career advancement and increased responsibility of product ownership
Join a great team!
Weapon System Equipment is a small but strong behaviour and experience led team whose role is to shape and steer the future direction of projects. Roles within product delivery span a wide number of engineering fields and also shape the products that are eventually used by our end users daily.
For over 10 years, we have led the development of a coherent Design for Modularity and Reuse strategy within MBDA at National and International level since the establishment of the directorate and its predecessors. With a strong international presence. The team will liaise internationally with counterparts in other NATCO organisations and opportunities for international travel exist.
Initiatives undertaken by Weapon System Equipment have transformed the way in which the company delivers products. Our presence in the company is expanding and Weapon System Equipment would like to recruit people who would like to be part of an expanding sphere of influence.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.