CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Shift Technician located in Reading. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying a range of Mechanical and Electrical skills for maintenance and reactive works whilst providing a safe, efficient service to the company in compliance with recognised standards and regulations.
- Work on a day shift Monday to Friday 07:00- 17:00 within a small team of various trades
- Cover Reading, Harpenden, High Wycombe & Crawley
- Carry out the duties of the mobile multi-skilled technician within a technology facility
- Investigate, diagnose, and rectify faults to a proven level of competency
- Carry out isolations to Company standards to enable the safe disconnection of electrical and mechanical equipment once authorised by CBRE
- Check, test, set and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment to the levels to their proven competence
- Record in writing or using computers, various information such as work done, time taken, material used etc, in the appropriate equipment logbook or asset history collection process
- Issue and receive Permits-to-Work and related certificates once authorised by CBRE
- Partake of Critical scenario training to understand the backup systems installed within the building to support business in the event of major outages
- Carry out various tasks on BMS to their personal competency
- Report to the Engineering Team Leader any defects noted during day to day inspection or PPM activities
- Assist with reactive calls electrical or mechanical dealing with client’s face to face if required, escalating to supervision, and updating on major outages as required
- All reactive and planned maintenance work orders, where practicable, must be completed within KPI targets or better
- Ensure that response to non-urgent alarms and customer requests is undertaken within KPI targets
- Implementation of PPM schedules within the agreed programme All areas of work to be kept clean and free from debris
- Maintain a high standard of work in all jobs undertaken
- Be efficient, effective, and courteous to encourage and gain the respect and goodwill of our customers
- Apprentice trained
- Experience in building services and dealing with clients
- NVQ level 3 or above in a mechanical or electrical subject
- 18th Edition IEE Regs
- Health and Safety training
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.