CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions, part of Global Workplace Solutions, is a leading global provider of Scientific Support Services. We are recruiting an Integrated Systems Specialist to join the team based in Cambridge. The successful candidate will join a well-established on-site CBRE team whilst also being connected to the broader Scientific Technology Advisory group which is part of the Integrated Laboratory Solutions (iLS) Business Unit within CBRE-GWS. They will support the departments relocation to their new facility at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
- Act as 'first-responder' for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance & system optimisation regime for equipment incorporated into the HighRes BioSolutions CoLab platforms in HTS
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrence
- Develop innovative support solutions built around the requirements of HTS at client’s sites, utilising Lab of the Future methodologies
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within HTS at client’s sites
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation
- Develop Platform Specific Training Packages tailored to the CoLab platforms, intended for: A. account’s iLS Engineers – Contextualised first-line support for key equipment integrated into the CoLab platforms, B. Scientists – Best Practice training to ensure optimal routine operation
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Leverage the expertise & experience of the network of Integrated Systems Specialists and the wider Scientific Technology Advisory group from across CBRE iLS accounts
- HND in a Mechatronic related subject
- 5-10 years’ experience in lab instrument support
- Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
- Previous experience of working in multidisciplinary customer facing teams
- Advanced Technical Skills in field of expertise
- Experience of servicing scientific equipment
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols
- BEng/MEng in a Mechatronic related subject
- 2-4 years’ experience in instrument support or service development
- Previous experience working in innovation i.e., continuous, or revolutionary
- GxP Experience and training
- Experience of installing & servicing large integrated systems
- Membership of an applicable community of practice or professional board
- BEng/MEng in a Computer Engineering related subject
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.