WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Cell Engineer to help develop, maintain, verify and validate Jaguar Land Rovers library of electro-thermal battery models to support the next generation of traction battery systems.
The role is part of the Advanced Battery Engineering function and contributes to the development of new technologies and features for product delivery. This is an opportunity to join a team that is working at the forefront of battery pack development and is making significant advances in modelling, testing and overall concept design.
The role is based within our Powertrain Engineering team and will support key electrification teams in the delivery of new electric vehicle programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Generate robust modelling methodologies for both offline and online battery model implementations considering the trade-off between model accuracy and model speed
* Deliver knowledge capturing milestone projects including publishing of standards and test procedures
* Development of the electrochemical cell modelling roadmap
* Support research projects investigating aspects of battery cell performance related to cell parameterisation for accurate and effective Battery Management systems, to deliver the best pack performance over the life of the vehicle
* Derive the set of electrical and thermal battery model parameters using advanced system identification methodologies
WHAT YOULL NEED
You will be responsible for the development of new experimental characterization methodologies to be used for model development and you will be capable of understanding the development of system identification methodologies for battery models.
You will possess a strong knowledge of development battery virtual verifications for concept and future vehicle programmes
You will have access to a state-of-the-art material laboratory, as well as state-of-the-art cell characterization laboratories, youll be responsible for developing Jaguar Land Rovers battery performance models which support our virtual verification activities and underlie our product design strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Matlab / Simulink/ Simscape modelling experience
* Exposure in dynamic modelling and simulation
* Battery characterization methods at both cell and material level
* Fundamental understanding of battery cell working principles, mass transfer, chemical kinetics, conservation equations
* Experience in cell / module / pack testing
* Hands-on experience of battery cell testing and data analysis
* Experience in planning, coordination, delivery and reporting of requirements such as Product Creation Delivery System