PD&MS Group are looking for additional Engineers and Senior Engineers on an employee basis for a new long-term project based in Aberdeen. Home working is available, if required.
The roles will come with an attractive salary, overtime, home-working and a generous benefits package. Basic hours will be 37.5 per week.
We would welcome candidates with suitable experience and transferable skills from other industries out with Oil and Gas.
Undertake engineering duties associated with design, certification and safe commissioning both on and offshore. Exercise technical authority, autonomy and professional acumen in all activities. Supervise the time of others in the team to achieve these duties.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Direction and supervision of Engineers and Designers.
- Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job. Estimation of deliverables.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Immediate identification to Lead Engineer of any issue that has the potential to cause change or growth to any area of the project or study, in comparison to the original design intent / deliverables required.
- Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule and budget. Reporting progress as per PD&MS systems and procedures.
- Production and checking of documents and engineering design deliverables created by own discipline.
- Review of documents circulated by other disciplines for IDC or comment.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Communication with other disciplines on design and engineering issues.
- Checking of requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services.
- Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer, e.g. kick-off meeting, progress meeting.
- Attendance at Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc.
- Representation of PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
- Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client and PD&MS Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
- Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues of new technology.
- Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Performance of discipline engineering tasks and co-ordination of other discipline engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with Company QA, HS & E policies
- BSc or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Chartered Engineer status preferred
- Significant, demonstrable experience in Detailed Design Engineering and Engineering Checking
- Detailed understanding of all Engineering disciplines
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Oil & Gas Industry Codes and Standards
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications
- Exposure to people management
PD&MS delivers small, medium and large sized brownfield engineering and construction projects to both onshore and offshore facilities within the UKCS, and beyond. We have an excellent track record for safely and successfully delivering a vast range of work; from simple repair order type scopes, fast-track production flowline delivery, to full management of integrated multi-discipline EPCC projects. We deliver across all phases of the project, from initial concept to installation, commissioning and close out.
PD&MS deliver Front End Concept & Feasibility Study Planning as well as detailed design, engineering, procurement and construction within the following specialist areas:
• Topsides Production Facilities
• Platform Drilling Facilities (Including Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (Modus)
• Onshore Facilities
These services are delivered through our core values, PD&MS Genes which represents what we do on a daily basis, the way we deliver and what our company stands for. Each Gene is underpinned by our safety message “without compromise to safety or quality”, safety and quality do not stand alone as company values because they are integrated into everything we do.
How to apply
To apply for a role, please visit our website via the Apply now button.