MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Do you thrive on the opportunity of having a direct influence on the direction of the business within a procurement environment?
The Industrial Policy, Supply Chain and Procurement (ISP) organisation is responsible for procuring and managing supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business, with a total spend of approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy.
As a Lead Buyer, you will be responsible for leading the procurement activities in a given category, working with the Category Manager, Supply Chain Manager and other key partners to drive procurement excellence and improvement. Supporting the creation and implementation of category strategy throughout the business, both nationally and internationally, with the purpose of maximising operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and internal project teams and functions, ensuring the best contractual terms are achieved and that future relationships with the suppliers are managed effectively.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a varied and exciting role within a dynamic team environment, incorporating complex stakeholder management and strategic sourcing to secure a supply base for new and existing requirements.
Your Main Responsibilities as a Lead Buyer will include:
- Creating tenders and negotiating terms and conditions to implement contracts and flexible trading agreements.
- Risk Identification and management.
- Understanding budget requirements, identifying and implementing opportunities for cost reduction/avoidance through effective negotiation.
- Receiving demand plans & forecasts for processing to purchase orders and ensuring topicality of order books.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining Key Performance Indicators
- Training/coaching junior members and end users on procurement processes and procedures.
- Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of strategic and operational procurement processes,
- Excellent team player and capable of taking a lead in your category.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to influence at all levels with both your internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for developing strategy and driving innovation in order to achieve the overall needs of the business, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Whilst not essential, CIPS level 4 (or working towards) or equivalent HNC/HND in Business Studies or equivalent qualification would be beneficial
What’s in it for you?
MBDA offer personal development through on the job learning and mentoring, purpose built training via our Procurement Academy, E-Learning resources and enrolment with Chartered Institutes.
Ownership of the day-to-day procurement activities within the category you will be responsible for, working closely with the Category Manager to define the long term strategy and Supply Chain Managers to drive supplier performance.
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a passionate team of experienced and diverse procurement professionals with a set of common goals and ambitions. We work closely with one another and always share ideas and best practice, offering support whenever needed.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.