MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen in a new team for a dynamic and forward thinking Programme Manager to deliver complex manufacturing programmes
What are we looking for?
- Accomplished Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
- Substantial stakeholder management experience, interfacing and effectively influence customers and suppliers as well as briefing to director level in order to respond to complex situations.
- A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
- Preferably educated to degree level or possessing project management accreditation from a professional body, alternatively candidates with significant and relevant experience will be considered.
What’s in it for you?
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to influence decisions at senior levels
- Being a key senior manager within the series production manufacturing team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members, challenge the norm and implement change within the organisation
- MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
- The opportunity to gain professional accreditation via the PMI.
Our Benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Planning, facilitating and taking accountability for the success of large scale production contracts, associated with high technology products to schedule, cost and quality.
- Taking accountability for the Master Manufacturing Delivery Plan, ensuring alignment with customer demand.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with customers and key subcontractors.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance up to director level.
- Maintaining control of the programme scope ensuring alignment of funding to deliver the plan.
- Preparing and maintaining contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
- Managing and developing a small team of aspiring/assistant Project Managers.
Join a great team!
Manufacturing UK prides itself in providing the ultimate application of manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the whole lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
The successful candidate will be joining a team within Manufacturing UK that has been established to focus specifically on products through their series production phase. This is a critical point within the project lifecycle where a key focus on delivery performance
The respective project teams are ready to welcome an intelligent and motivated Project Manager that can ensure Customer and client expectations and needs are exceeded on a consistent basis.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.