MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £34,345 + bonus and benefits
Shift work/ Shift patterns: Mon - Fri (flexi start and finish)
An opportunity has arisen to join an improving team within the Calibration & Maintenance (C&M) Department for an Electrical Calibration & Maintenance Operator. This will involve working on Special to Type Test Equipment, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment across multiple projects. The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.
- Working in a multi discipline team to support the Operations team.
- Initial calibration, routine calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment.
- Ensure that both factory and proprietary test and measuring equipment is maintained in line with current procedures.
- Carry out calibration and repair tasks in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
What we’re looking for
- Generate clear and comprehensive calibration & maintenance records.
- Experience of calibrating COTS/Special to Type Test Equipment
- Experience of calibrating electrical equipment such as Power Supplies, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
- Experience of In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Be competent in following manufacturer’s instructions.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
- Time served apprenticeship/modern apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3
- City & Guilds part 2 & 3/ONC/HNC in Electronics
- Experience of working on Environmental Stress Screening Facilities (ESS) desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities.
- On the job training and yearly development reviews.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognize that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.