MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. This is an exciting time to be joining the UK Manufacturing team as it prepares for future business needs. This exciting opportunity is to lead a dynamic team in our Manufacturing Prototype & Development facility based in Stevenage
Skills & Experience
- You will be responsible for the management of a manufacturing team. You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to meet the relevant project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver hardware of planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice
- Identify operational risks and opportunities in line with project expectations.
What We’re Looking For
- Significant demonstrable track record and experience as a skilled electrical person
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good people management skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Ideally HNC or equivalent certificate
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We’re passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our client’s expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
You will be leading a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering manufacturing excellence, servicing multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA Stevenage with the opportunity to interact with other business units.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.