MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary up to £55k plus excellent benefits including bonus and paid overtime
Do you have the drive and ability to juggle and deliver your expertise across multiple projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive holistic solutions to technically challenging problems? At MBDA, there is the opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Thermal Engineer.
Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering leading edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDA’s products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally Degree/Doctorate qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of heat transfer analysis using Finite Element methods.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. ANSYS, 6SigmaET, ICEPAK, FLOTHERM) to investigate and analyse heat conductance problems.
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing small teams in the delivery of projects.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry.
- Knowledge and experience of methods for managing the thermal performance of mechanical and electronic systems.
- Past experience writing/reviewing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements.
What’s in it for you?
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies.
- Working for a company that places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare and development of its staff.
- Various opportunities to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job’ training.
- A choice of career paths allowing you to develop as either a Technical Expert, Technical Lead or Line Manager.
- Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across MBDA.
- Opportunity to shape the development of MBDA UK’s thermal analysis capabilities.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve our effectiveness and influence across MBDA. You will join a supportive environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential and you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects simultaneously to deliver high priority work that is pivotal to thermally clearing MBDA UK’s military systems.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.