Role - Production Quality Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £32,000 - £48,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply).
You will provide local Quality expertise to support numerous internal or external stakeholders of within their specific area. Work as part of a cross functional team to deliver improvement through collaboration on projects and programmes.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
- Attend design/technical/task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Quality is represented.
- Control of inspection/calibration/reporting and processes, to ensure Quality delivery is maintained.
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a relative discipline and/or extensive practical experience.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related standards (e.g. Health & Safety, Environment, Security).
- Experience of a range of inspection techniques including CMM operation and programming (PC-DMIS).
- Experience of Product Certification.
- Experience of problem solving in a production environment.
- Experience of process development.
- Knowledge of Gauge R and R and statistical tools.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain management systems, processes, procedures, and other supporting documentation.
- Completion of vendor selection monitoring and management processes
- Auditing from definition/scheduling through to implementation, reporting and close out.